“This serves to confirm that SpecSafety has been involved at BusinessPrint since mid 2014. They started with a Health & Safety risk assessment which we could use to prioritize areas of concern over a period of time in accordance with our budget.
SpecSafety is still involved on a consultative basis and oversees the adherence on the floor to the Health and Safety legislation.
I am satisfied with their work at BusinessPrint and will gladly recommend their services in this field.“
- Jose Frazao, Operations Director at BusinessPrint
“UTi specializes in logistics services for Greenfield and Brownfield mining projects. In all projects that UTi participates in, the management of the Health, Safety and Environment is a critical component of our responsibility and deliverables.
UTi engaged Rudie Coetzee from Platform SolutionTech / SpecSafety to assist with the development of our Health and Safety system and he has been retained to provide ongoing Audits and management consultation.
The agreed scope of work was as follows:
- Research mining and project HSE for the development and submission of a HSLP Management Plan which was mine client specific
- Do pre audits on our network partners to determine any gaps
- Develop an integrated HSLP Management Plan to the client at the clarification meetings
- Assist with the sourcing of suitably qualified HSLP Managers and personnel for the duration of the project, namely 31 months
- Provide training on the clients HSLP management system and handover system
- Conduct HSLP audits once a quarter on site and supply all Project managers with a full report
- Manage the HSLP Manager at site and ensure that he sends the required weekly and monthly reports
Platform SolutionTech / SpecSafety was very professional in meeting the objectives set out for this project and we believe that they will continue to do so until close out.
It is therefore a pleasure to recommend them for any project or retainer in the mining field as well as in normal industry as they also perform a monthly retainer of seven days a month for the whole UTi Group which consists of UTi Fright Forwarding, UTi Mounties, UTi MH, UTi CNLD and UTi PLC.”
- Chris Coles, National Mining & Project Manager at UTi Australia